Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have an 2010 ilbello fly scooter 150cc. China I can start

Customer Question
I have an 2010 ilbello...
I have an 2010 ilbello fly scooter 150cc. China
I can start with throttling it but won't idle? Have to throttle ti keep running .
We hane clean carb, checked all fuel and vac lines, have not adjusted the AF (don't know where it is).
Any suggestions to help keep scooter running?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
11/1/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is***** am a professional here

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

Sorry to have to ask what may seem like stupid questions, but it is obviously difficult diagnosing problems remotely, I cannot see, hear, touch or smell anything & I have only what a customer tells me to make a correct diagnosis.
Also I dont know how proficient a customer is or what they may have done already. So I need to ask stuff which may seem obvious or unrelated

What is the colour & condition of the spark plug please?

Has she been laid-up or left unused for more than a couple of months, or at all?

By AF do you mean air filter?

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.

Spark new
Stored yes
AF - air flow to fuel flow

OK, those symptoms point to old or contaminated fuel, fuel can 'go off' when stored for 2/3 or more months, making it not combust properly (depending on how lean-burn the engine is)

Drain tank & replace with fresh fuel

Did you blow the carb jets through with compressed air?

Did all that...... After "storaging" prep????

OK it sounds like you know what you're doing

Did you clean the carb to rectify the no idle problem?

Was everything running well before being laid-up?

It will start up and run if I keep my hand on throttle..... Won't idle?
Yes running prior???
New gas
New battery ( just an FYI)
Oil good ????
What else should I do ? Why won't it idle?

Have you adjusted the carb idle screw &/or air mixture screw?

If so it is most likely to be the pilot (idle) jet is blocked or partially blocked

The best way to quickly clean the fuel system is to use Seafoam - available from most auto stores
2 applications may be necessary, but the only other way is to strip the carb again & blow the pilot jet through with compressed air (the hole is so small that even a tiny bit of residue will cause it not to idle)

This would be the most common cause for the symptoms it sounds like you are describing.

It 1am here!

I'm signing off for the night

If I have already helped you then please

press accept as that is the only way that I

am compensated for my input, this does not

close your question, it will stay open for

its 7 day lifespan! (or longer)

Please take the time to rate my service to

you, I hope it has been favourable

Negative (low) ratings

are taken seriously here

So if you feel you should give me a low

rating, please contact me 1st & I will

strive to reverse that feeling

Ratings apply solely to the service an

expert gives you, they do not apply to

JustAnswer.com or its policies.

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic