Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I have fixed & modified bikes for 35 yrs I'm now THE Mobile Bike Mechanic for S.LONDON since 1990
38097336

How do you remove the front seat of a 1985 Suzuki GS 1150

Customer Question

How do you remove the front seat of a 1985 Suzuki GS 1150 ES, they say there is a key that you turn and remove the back seat first, is this correct ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Do you still want help with this problem?

I used to have the '84 1100 model a long time ago & the rear seat had to be removed 1st.

This was done by turning the key in the helmet lock ( located on RH side below the seat) & the pulling the lever that is freed while the key is still in unlock position

I think yours is the same. Please let me know

Please dont rate my service before giving me a chance to help you, negative (low) ratings are taken seriously here & I will try my best to help you as much as I can (for both our sakes)

Ratings apply solely to the service an expert gives you, they do not apply to JustAnswer.com or its policies.

So if you feel you should give me a low rating, please contact me 1st & I will strive to reverse that feeling

Thanx

Ride Safe

Bike-Doc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What Lever ?
Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

The key released the helmet lock, which when open allowed a lever/thumb tab behind the helmet lock to slide towards the rear of the bike

This only worked with key in & turned

I hope yours is the same

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

The '83 model had a seperate seat lock located on top of the seat / rear light cowling (under a top box if fitted)

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

The GL model had a seat lock in the rear of the actual seat (the upright part at back)

All models were removed by pulling the back of the rear seat back & upwards while key is turned

Expert:  Bike-Doc replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE for a schematic of your model or copy & paste the address below into your browser

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1985-suzuki-gs1150esf/o/m6014#sch278421