Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a 1999 Yamaha 1100 Virago will the rear drive shaft

Customer Question
hub from the V-Max and...
I have a 1999 Yamaha 1100 Virago will the rear drive shaft hub from the V-Max and the Venture fit my bike so i could have taller gears. Also what are the gear ratio of all three.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
10/29/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this is due to the info being difficult to obtain and in other cases the correct person that may have all the info you are looking for here may not be online.

One place that may have all of this info is a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

He told me nothing about my question. Just a run a round. I do not want to be charged for this BS!!!

I apologize.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 2 years ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi my name is ***** ***** for the bad experience prior, not sure that I will give you the answer that you will like but for me to move forward I would need to know the year of the VMAX that you are questioning if those parts will work in your 99 Virago, it might be a few days but I should be able to give you an idea if it will even be close, you also have to remember that there are other variable's that come into the equation that you have not thought about, but if you would like me to research this I will give it a shot.

Also just so you know, most of us experts don't really get into the mixing and matching of parts for the reason of making everything fix, sometimes its an easy bolt up, but not usually the case. If you don't mind can you explain what happened to your part on your Virago ? Don't rate me or this question until we figure out hat you can do, and if you are not happy I will let customer service know and they will be glad to refund your money.

Thanks Kenny

There is nothing wrong with the hub on my virago. I read on a yamaha forum that some of the rear hubs from the V-Max and Venture will fit my bike if i want to have higher gears for lower RPM on the highway. Trying to find out if this is true and which years will work and the gear ratio of them.

OK,I get what you are looking for, I will be honest, likely you will not find anyone on this site (expert) that has performed this swap, we are here for our knowledge of repairs and diagnosing problems. You would be better to get someone on a forum that has physically did one of these swaps to insure that it will actually work, then if you are going to perform the repair yourself and have questions, then I would urge you to come back to JA because that is our specialty, the mixing and matching of parts is way to much unless we actually perform it on our own units.

The amount if time to that it would require to just figure out if the parts would even match up would be tremendous and then as I said unless we physically tried it ourselves it might be a big waste of time. Probably not the answer you were looking for but rather you spending your money and a lot of time on our part, I think I offered you the best solution to what you are looking for. I will opt out and let customer service know that they should refund your money.

Thanks again

Kenny

Thanks.
Kenny O.
Kenny O.