Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a 2007 atv grizzly Yamaha 700 ,code 41 and it want

Customer Question
start . Changed out lean...
I have a 2007 atv grizzly Yamaha 700 ,code 41 and it want start . Changed out lean level sonsor . Code 41 is still showing and still want start . I disconnected battery for 1 hour . Code still on and want start . Can u give some help please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/25/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic

Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer

Do you still want help with this problem?

My name is***** am a professional here at Just Answer.
I noticed that your question has not received a response yet and thought I would see if you still want the problem diagnosed.
I apologize for the delay and hope I can assist you with your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model but as no one else has responded I will try to help you.

If at any time you feel that I can't help with this please dont rate my service, just let me know and I can open this question to all experts. Giving a low or negative rating will put off other experts from answering

Ratings apply solely to the expert, they do not apply to this website JustAnswer.com or its policies.

try to help if u can

There must be a short or open circuit (depending on which way the sensor is wired)

I will have to find a circuit diagram for your model, so this may take a while. Please bear with me (no pun intended)

Meanwhile I can opt-out to open this question up to other experts, if you wish

Have you checked the wiring at all?

I did, check wiring, it was running great then died and code 41 came up. I stud on footrest rocked bike back and froth. Code would go off. Then it would start. Put in gear go about 3 feet and die. It hasn't started scene. So I changed out level sonsor. It still has 41 and want start.

Yes there must be a short or open circuit

Is the wiring damaged anywhere?

Can you check the wire(s) from the sensor to the ECU for continuity with a multimeter?

I'll try this week,after work.

Ok

There should be 3 wires going to the sensor from the ECU. blue, yellow/green & black/blue

Unplug the lean angle sensor & the ECU, also the speed, throttle position & intake air pressure sensors. Check each of the 3 wires for continuity & no continuity between them

If I have already helped you then please press accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my input, your question will stay open for its 7 day lifespan!

Steve this is Brian, I did some more checking. Still haven't found any damaged wires. Is there any way you can email me it wiring diagram of this bike,if u can I would really appreciate it thank you

Hi

Im very sorry for the delay, I have had my hands full arranging to get my mother back from a care home & looking after her. Also I have had to find out how to get around Adobe's PDF security & upload this extract for you

Click HERE to view the wiring diagram for a YFM700 (which is the nearest I have been able to find) or copy & paste the address below into your browser

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8cjbtdbeyu8bnvi/selection.pdf

This diagram should be virtually the same as for yours

Let me know what you find please

If you want more info please get in touch

Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic