Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Wayne i am having pretty much the exact same problem as this

Customer Question

Hey wayne i am having pretty much the exact same problem as this post with the 93 vulcan 750. Except i have no power to the off/run switch or starter button. My junction box is the same as he stated without the black wire in the 8 wire harness. I get no spark on any plug either. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heres the other post i mentioned that ive been reading.http://www.justanswer.com/motorcycle/95btt-1993-750-vulcan-does-nothing-when-switch.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update:
With the multimeter tool negative to negative battery terminal and positive to any wire in the off/run switch housing they all have 0.13 pushing the button makes no difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continuing with what you stated to check in the other post i shared earlier. Having the negative on the negative terminal and positive to black wire in 9 connector at the junction box i have 0 voltage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind the black wire reads 0.12, i had the ignition off lol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i jump black wire to positive terminal nothing happends. When i jump yellow/red wire bike turns over but no spark from plug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far following everything from the other post im stuck at not having a wire diagram since the ones posted there dont work anymore and having the black wire not change voltage when i press the start button. Igniton and neutral light both on and cluth pulled in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heres a picture of my regulator. Idk if it has anything to do with it not starting though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or i cant send it i guess?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done):

• • IGN+12V on the yellow and/or yellow/red wire from the ignition switch when turned on;
  • • always available +12V on the white/red wire from battery's + terminal to the junction box;
  • • temporarily jump battery's + terminal to the ignition switch's yellow and/or yellow/red wire and attempt to start.

As long as the battery is fully charged, then the Vulcan would start and run with or without a regulator. The burn marks as shown in the picture of the regulator would be indicative of a faulty regulator (least likely), excessive charging current (likely) and/or a loose terminal/pin (most likely). Either way, it would have no direct effect on the no-start nor with the no-run issues.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, ive already answered 2 of your 3 questions from the preliminary checks... please read my post, i have 13 volts going to all wires in the kill/run switch housing (when pressing the start button the voltage does not fluxuate) havent checked the white/red wire yet today (im at work) and when i jumped the yellow/red wire the motor cranks but no start or spark to plugs even when i hit the start button still no start.Im sending a picture of my junction box becuase as i also stated in the post that WAYNE helped someone with an identicle problem our junction box seems to be different than the norm. If your to continue helping me id like you to read that post. Otherwise if you can get WAYNE to help me id greatly apreciate it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0.13 volts to wires in housing not 13
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My battery is a little dead at 11.09 and the white/red wire has 10.92
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

My next post would have been to jump the ignition switch's yellow/red and then the junction box's white/red to the Engine STOP switch's red wire and attempt to start at each try.

Still, I understand thus let me re-open the question by opting out.

Good luck with the Vulcan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question has not been satisfied by that individual that attempted to help me, he didnt even read my prior post and had me to the same steps i already have taken. Please provide me another technician that will read and use the info ive provided. If you can i want to request Wayne S. Theres a prior post he helped a person that had the same issue.