Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I have a 2014 HD Breakout. where are the best locations to

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2014 HD Breakout. where are the best locations to wire an after market tachometer ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Where should I connect the green and red wires from the new tach?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I am unaware of ANY "aftermarket" tach's compatible with ANY HD motorcycle 2004 or newer.

starting in 2004, the tach and speedo received their inputs as digital data from the ECM.....kinda like a printer getting it's input from your computer.

HD has a variety of tachs and speedo/tach combos for you to choose from. the instructions for wiring and installation are detailed and easy to follow.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve