Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Polariswhen l start lt and put it ln gear lt starts

Customer Question

I have a Polaris(###) ###-####when l start lt and put it ln gear lt starts move forward or back and can't get it out of gear unless I shut the engine off . When I had it up on blocks lt would shift back and forth normal I have the cover off and everything looks to be good as far as belt vary able speed clutches are concerned .Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong before I tear it all apart
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this does sound like an internal transmission/gear box fault causing this issue here with it needing removed and inspected internally and repaired or removed and replaced.It sounds like the weight load of this model when it is on the ground and not on blocks is putting strain on the transmission components to where one component will not release to allow shifting.I don't have the exact info here on what needs repaired or replaced as I am unable to see it from here but this does sound like an internal fault needing inspected and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.