Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

How you guys doing? Let me start by not good with electrics.

Customer Question
I have a '46 EL...
How you guys doing? Let me start by not good with electrics. I have a '46 EL, battery charged up (only using a test light now), as soon as I turn the ignition switch on nothing. is the switch bad? Or...?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 day by:
9/21/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible the switch itself is faulty as I have seen several of these fail before needing replaced but this may also be due to loose,damaged or shorted wiring needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If the wiring has not been checked leading from the battery and switch this needs done and if found to be o.k. the switch needs tested to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.