Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a ringing sound coming from my heritage softail

Customer Question

Hi I have a ringing sound coming from my heritage softail engine when its hot, if I stop the engine for 2 or 3 minutes & restart its not there but once its really hot again its there. Any ideas??
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with an internal engine bearing causing this fault here.I have seen some of these when they heat up and have some play cause this issue.Unfortunately in this situation the engine will need checked into further to pinpoint and repair the cause here.This may require removal and dissasembly of it to locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.