Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I hope you can help me out. I took my son motorcycle to a

Customer Question

Hi.
My name is***** hope you can help me out. I took my son motorcycle to a shop a few days ago. the mechanic told me an estimate to fix the motorcycle for around 440.00 dlls parts and labor. I came back to him again since I didn't had that amount of money and now he said it was more than 660.00 dlls after I told him I was providing the parts. we got in to a big argument and I told him I didn't wanted to fix the motorcycle with him anymore since he kept adding money to the initial estimate. after this I am afraid he might change some good parts for bad parts in my motorcycle. how can I find out if he did it and what can I do legally if that happens.
please help.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

It sounds like the technician is marking up costs which shouldn't really occur if you brought in your own parts unless the shops labor rate has gone up.If the labor rate has stayed the same I would take it to another repair facility to have repaired if this still needs done and to be inspected to see if any work the previous shop may have done was actually done.If found that nothing was done that was said was done then you may have to speak with someone in the legal area on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.