Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Trying to replace the alternator on a 1999 Honda Valkerie

Customer Question

trying to replace the alternator on a 1999 Honda Valkerie 1500C Interstate. The thing was a bear to remove and it would appear impossible to reinstall. The problem is the clearance is about 1/4 inch short so you cannot line up the fins on the installed unit with the gaps in the rubber bushings in the connection on the rear of the engine. Is there a trick that makes this easier? I'm guessing the alternator was on the engine when originally installed
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

I know on some models loosening the engine mounting may be required in order to slightly move the engine to install certain components.From what you have described here this sounds like what may need done.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.