Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2009 can-am Outlander 650 will not rev over 3000 rpm neutral

Customer Question

2009 can-am Outlander 650 will not rev over 3000 rpm neutral or in gear
Ecm code p 0505
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

The fault code set here is for the idle air control valve output stage at fault.In allot of cases this can be due to a faulty idle air control motor itself needing replaced.This will need to be tested/checked further to see if the idle air motor is the cause here and if found to be at fault it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.