Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2013 Polaris ranger 900xp. recently I have notice a

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Polaris ranger 900xp. recently I have notice a loud growling sound coming from the tranny. I removed axles and tranny still made the sound. I have takinn the cluctches off and seems the input shaft the secondary clutch attaches to you can turn in a probably a 1/4 inch either way before it connects to another gear. BackLASH issue? but would make it get out of spec? what will I find when I split it?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Check for any metal or clutch debris as wear on a gear or component can cause this type of fault with excess play/backlash.If metal debris is found in the oil then the case will either need separated for further inspection to locate and repair the cause here or replaced all together.

Thanks Pete