Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard (1400) Had tail light go out

Customer Question
I have a*****(1400) Had...
I have a*****(1400) Had tail light go out and fixed them but started it up, always started and ran well, but when backing down ramp off porch laid it over. Got it back up within a minute (damn thing is heavy) and was still running fine. Shut it off and now won't start. Key on and in neutral with clutch in the starter won't turn but the head light does dim while pushing start button. Pulled starter out and applied battery volts to it and it spins fine. Putting the bike in gear and moving back and forth the motor moves so not locked or anything. Battery is good. Any Ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Where did Louie go?
8/30/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If you have not inspected for any wiring damage after the bike was laid over see if any wiring damage had occurred that may be causing this fault here.I have seen in several cases before where wiring damage or an electrical component being damaged will cause this issue here needing repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If this is or was already checked and all found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Wiring is fine. Must be a component but don't want to just start replacing components willey nilly. Don't think it is the atarter sol cuz it is responding just not sending 12v to the starter.

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic

Is there power on the orange/white wire to the starter relay with the key on? the other circuit is handled by the ECU to ground the relay.

If the wire colors are different just make sure you have power and ground to the starter relay. Then it should work if the voltage is correct and it is being energized by the starter button.

Could also be a fuse, side stand switch, kill switch involved.

Can you check these with a multimeter?

If the starter relay is energized it should connect the battery and starter cables. If it is clicking check if the two larger terminals are

connecting. Make sure your battery cables did not come loose.

-----

Wayne S.
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic