Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2010 honda rancher 420 starts great, runs perfect minute,

Customer Question

2010 honda rancher 420 starts great, runs perfect for a minute, backfires and stops. Wait a minute and the process starts all over again. Changed fuel and fuel pump...no help?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This fault may be due to an ignition fault like an ignition coil or a module at fault shutting down the engine like this here.It sounds like the fuel system has been checked and with what was done should be o.k.I would have the ignition system checked/tested to see if the component can be located that is at fault and then repaired from there to correct the fault.Unfortunately this will take special test equipment and the correct wiring diagram info to do this.

Thanks Pete