Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

The ignition switch on my E-Merge LSV has failed. Where can

Customer Question

The ignition switch on my E-Merge LSV has failed. Where can I locate a replacement switch or get instructions to replace the switch with another switch or on/off button ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am pretty sure that is just a simple on/off switch so you should be able to adapt any standard switch with on/off functions.

The center dash assembly has to be pulled back to get the switch out.

There are some wires on the back but you can get to the switch plug and unplug it. Then remove the nut on the front of the switch and pull the switch out of the dash.

You can use any switch which connects and disconnects the two wires. There is a red and a black wire.

You can use the old plug on the new switch to make it easier to reconnect. Most auto stores will have this kind of switch or some other type. The wires should connect when the switch is on.

Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.

If you have "speed 1" and "speed 2" on your switch then you may need a switch with off/on/accessory positions.

This should also be fairly common at auto stores.

You can test the old switch with a multimeter if it still works at all

to verify the wire positions. The switch will have more than two

wires if it is a multi-speed type, likely three wires.

-----