P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

Battery is fully charged. I left it in the battery tender 20

Customer Question

Battery is fully charged. I left it in the battery tender for about 20 hours. The whining sound comes on when I click it to run. But nothing happens when I press start.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

Is the red key symbol illuminated on the face of the speedometer? If so, it means your security is disabling the starter circuit. The most common cause is a weak or dead key fob battery. If you have security I'd suggest trying your other fob or replacing the battery in the fob you have. It takes a 2032 model battery and gets installed positive side (writing side) down.

If you don't have security and have a volt meter we can do some further troubleshooting.

Please let me know what you find. Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the red key light is on inside of the spedometer. How do I try my other fob?
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

The fob is wireless and automatic. It just needs to be in close proximity to the bike. If they key symbol goes off then its is disarmed.