Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 99 Honda ace 1100 that ran great and has 28,000

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 99 Honda ace 1100 that ran great for years and has 28,000 miles on it now.It now keeps misfiring under load and fouling plugs, I have completely tore down and cleaned the carbs twice to no solution .I am now starting to think maybe it is ignition related with it having two plugs per cylinder ,maybe only one is firing making it seem too rich. any thoughts? thanks,Jason
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).
Then check the battery voltage before starting; when starting; with engine idling and when then when attempting to rev the engine.
Perform an experiment, with the battery good/fully charged, disconnect the rectifier/regulator and try using the Honda. Note if the described symptom of "...misfiring under load..." would persist.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.