Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have the same bike. But I have the top end knocking, it

Customer Question

Hello , I have the same bike. But I have the top end knocking , it only has 12,500 miles on it. It was run low on oil last year. No oil light is on , have pulled the front rocker cover off and found the lash adjusters totally collapsed. I am hoping after reading your advice that burping the system will work. but am doubtful at this point.
Thanks in advance.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
The lash adjusters may be damaged as they can become damaged over time with lack of oil like this here.If you have topped up the oil and they have not started to operate properly this can be the cause here with them needing replaced.I would have this checked/inspected further to see if this is the cause here.
Thanks Pete