Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 1981 KZ550 A2 in very good shape. Been riding all

Customer Question

I have a 1981 KZ550 A2 in very good shape. Been riding all summer without any issues then a couple weeks ago the headlight went out. Did all the usual things like replace bulb, checked power to the fuses, checked connections, even bought a reserve lighting unit (was used though). still. no power to the headlight 3 prong connector. trying to trace all the wires but is painstaking.
Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
There are a couple of options which are try to trace down the problem which might be in the reserve lighting unit or bypass that and run a simpler circuit which will be more reliable and easier to check.Have you checked for continuity or connection between the battery ground and the headlight ground wire?---