Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

I just had new tires installed on my ZX1400 Kawasaki and I

Customer Question

I just had new tires installed on my ZX1400 Kawasaki and I have a wobble . The handle bars wobble when I let go of the handle bars they wobble, before I could let go of them and the motorcycle went straight with the old tires. Whats up did they screw up
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Could be the tire pressure but more likely the balance or the tire is not mounted evenly on the rim. Look around the edge of the tire bead and see if the rubber line is fairly even all around the rim edge.Check the tire pressure and watch for any deformity in the tire itself.Hopefully the wheel was installed properly. Some break in might be normal but not wobbles that extreme.Some tire have dots that should line up with the valve stem when correctly installed. Check for that.If the bike was okay before then it must be a tire issue.Pressures, balance or position on the rim involved.----
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Most tires also have a direction of rotation marking which should be right.

----