Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I got a Suzuki 04 Eiger 400 4X4. It set years I got it

Customer Question

I got a Suzuki 04 Eiger 400 4X4. It set for 9 years I got it from the widow of the man that owned it. I have taken apart the carb cleaned it put it back in. he only question I have is there are two lines one runs to the petcock and the other one I don't
know where it goes it looks like the vent for the gas cap. It is a larger hose than the petcock hose and it comes off the side of the carb at the top. If you could tell me where this goes it would be great
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  yamsuzpolaris replied 2 years ago.
this larger hose is just a breather hose for carburetor venting. it can be tucked anywhere as long as its not exposed so water running down off of the tank cover shroud will get into it. usually they get pushed next to or behind the air intake nozzle. the other alternative is just swivel it downward but don't kink or fold it or the carburetor wont "breathe". Mark