Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
Experience:  15+ Yrs Factory certified technician and business owner.
8380480

I have a Big Dog Chopper (2005). It has been stored in a garage

Customer Question

I have a Big Dog Chopper (2005). It has been stored in a garage for the last 4 years and I have cleaned it up and started it, things were looking good. However when trying to fill the gas tank I found that the gas cap will not come off. If I remember it was a rubber threaded screw cap not just a simpler two prong cap. Any suggestions on how to get it off?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Additional information: The silver cap is turning but the rubber piece doesn't seem to be attached to it any more.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
The only way to get this off is squeeze it with some big pliers and try to remove it that way.There are tiny splines on the inside of the cap that grab the plastic rubber section. Those spin out real easy and this is what happens.