Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 1500 Vulcan starts & runs OK but is very cold blooded. I…

Customer Question
My 1500 Vulcan starts &...
My 1500 Vulcan starts & runs OK but is very cold blooded. I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn on the key like I do on our other Vulcan. Is it possible it would run w/out a working fuel pump?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 3 days by:
7/22/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeremy R., Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
Hi there,You should hear the pump.However they will run just really poorly because it's still gravity fed.You need to make sure you're getting power to the pump and if you are, replace it.If you're not check fuses and relays.