How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve Your Own Question
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Category: Motorcycle
Satisfied Customers: 7035
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
Type Your Motorcycle Question Here...
Steve is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to change my rear tire its a 130/80- 16 to a 150/

Customer Question

I want to change my rear tire its a 130/80-b 16 to a 150/ 80 b16 Harley Davidson Electra glide classic fuel inject anniversary bike 1998 will this b a challenge? I have lots of knowledge machaically point me to some one who can help with info
Thanks Doug
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
you can install a 140/80B-16 with no issue. to install a 150, you have to remove the rear belt drive and pulleys and replace them with a chain can buy a chain drive conversion kit from ZIPPERS performance. let me know if you need more help.Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your in correct with a little machining I have wheel and tire on!
This site did not help sorry
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
there is not enough clearance between the tire and the belt....unless you have mounted the tire incorrectly to make clearance. unfortunate.Steve