Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

My name is ***** ***** I have a Outlaw 50, my problem is real

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I have a Outlaw 50, my problem is real mind boggling, it was running excellent then just like a switch it quit running it is firing and has fuel going to carb. i can take starter flued and spray and it will start then goes back dead so i thought maybe trash in carb. so i removed carb and cleaned carb. & all jets put back to gether then it started right up and ran great my son rode it for about 5 minutes and was running great then all a sudden cuts off and can not get it to run i then removed gas cap thinking it might be vapor locking but that was not it changed spark plug but that did not change anything. I'm clueless.
It also has non ethonol gas and gas is fresh any suggestion on what it could be.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like the fuel is not getting through if it will fire on thestarting fluid. Do you have a fuel filter inline to stopany debris from getting into the carb?Make sure your compression is staying up when engine is warm.Check for a sticky float in the carb that is holding thefloat needle shut or anything that might interfere with the float.When it stops and it will run on starting fluid thenit indicates no fuel. No spark and it would not run on the fluid.That leaves the fuel supply, stuck float or float needle.Low float fuel level or dirt re-entering the carbfrom tank or hoses.A plugged air vent on the carb might create a vacuumin the float bowl. Vents are on the side of the carbusually brass colour.Let me know any added info.-----
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Air leaks on the intake can also prevent fuel draw.--