Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

Suzuki Gz250/2007. After running my bike short time,

Customer Question

Suzuki Gz250/2007. After running my bike for a short time, it stalls out and dies. I will usually have to wait 10 minuites to 15 minutes before it will crank again and then it will only drive a block or less before happening again.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi,You will need to find out if it is fuel or spark related.When it stops have a spare spark plug handyand plug it on and lay it against the engine tosee if it has any spark.If the spark looks okay then you might have a fuel problem.Check for fuel filters, kinked lines etc.If it has carbs you can see if the fuel is comingthrough the fuel line to the carbs.If the fuel supply is okay then check for stuckfloat needles in the carbs or check fuel pumpif it has one. I will try to get more detailsbut that should get you started.If there is no spark we can go on to test the ignition parts.WS--