Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 2004 sea doo. getting very little power (vacillating…

Customer Question
Have a 2004 sea doo...
Have a 2004 sea doo. getting very little power (vacillating between 1800 and 2300 rpm's). seems like it may be a fuel issue. any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
7/4/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
It might depend on if it is a two stroke or four stroke enginebut air leaks in the intake tract can cause this as well asplugged fuel filters and faulty fuel pumps or poor fuel lines.Carbs that need cleaning are another issue unless it isfuel injected. With either type they need some fuelpressure, 1.5 psi on carbs and about 40 psi for fuel injected.Do you have the engine type and more symptomsof the problem?-----