Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2005 HONDA ST1300 LEFT SIDE OF ENGINE EXHAUST BURNING VERY…

Customer Question
2005 HONDA ST1300 LEFT SIDE...
2005 HONDA ST1300 LEFT SIDE OF ENGINE EXHAUST BURNING VERY LEAN / WHITE , ENGINE BREAKING UP, LOSS OF POWER FROM ONE OR THE TWO CYLINDERS ON LEFT SIDE APPEARS TO LACK OF FUEL ON LEFT SIDE MUFFLERS VERY LEAN AND WHITE ON LEFT AND NORMAL ON RIGHT. THE BREAKING UP IS ON AND OFF. THE LEFT MUFFLER TURNED BLUE. I RAN IT ABOUT 15 MINS THAT WAY, GOT IT HOME ,WAS CONCERNED ABOUT BURNED EXHAUST VALVES
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
I'M THINKING EITHER KNOCK SENSER HARNESS OR RELATED TO THE ECU I LOOSE OR BURNT WIRE BECAUSE IT'S ON AND OFF WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHT?
6/29/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeremy R., Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
I think you were on the right track when you're thinking lack of fuel.When the bike sits on the side stand it leans left.Any debris in the fuel system will then gradually go left.Which leads to the left fuel injectors getting plugged up causing it to run lean.I don't see any reason to believe it would be anything but partially plugged up injectors.Id' replace them if it were me.