Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Honda motorcycle Nighthawk: My Honda motorcycle, 1994 Nighthawk…

Customer Question
My Honda motorcycle, 1994 Nighthawk...
My Honda motorcycle, 1994 Nighthawk cb250, suddenly and quite on it's own, had the handlebars cranked about 15 degrees off center with the front wheel. I have NO idea how this happend. I just came out to my shop where I'd been working on it to find it like this. Which of the many fron suspension bolts do I loosen to twist the steering fork back where it belongs?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeremy R., Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
On the triple clamps there are pinch bolts that hold them to the fork tubes.There's also a nut in the middle of the clamp.That nut may or may not be loose.Loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamps and twist the wheel straight and re tighten.You may want to jack up the bike to hold the front wheel just barely off the ground so you can move it around without moving the fork tubes up and down in the clamps.