TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

Have a Honda 200 trx 1984 will only run buy putting starting

Customer Question

Have a Honda 200 trx 1984 will only run buy putting starting fluid in air cleaner then dies till I do it again I have a brand new battery in it any advice
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
The symptom you describe indicates that the fuel passages inside the carburetor are clogged from old fuel varnish. To repair the problem will require removal of the carb, disassembly, soaking all metal components in a commercial grade of carburetor cleaner, checking all internal pages for restriction, probing the high and low speed fuel jets with the appropriate size wire drill, reassembly with new gaskets, draining and flushing the fuel tank, petcock and line, reinstalling the carb and adjusting the idle sped and mixture.