Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

72 4 speed just had redone pushrod and clutch 4or 5 rides…

Customer Question
72 4 speed just...
72 4 speed just had redone pushrod and clutch 4or 5 rides ago today the kicker pedal dropped a grinding noise started feels like something is not disengaging can feel something is catching when touching kicker arm is there an adjustment for this
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/28/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
there is no adjustment. running clearance is built into the assembly.I would remove the right side transmission cover and inspect the kicker assembly in the transmission and inside the side over. let me know if you need ore help.Steve
Thanks for answering but not helpful already new to open it up just didn't know if adjusting clutch ratchet arm or center rod in clutch affected how this works would prefer to know what pieces inside cover could be making contact causing this grindind guess I will just take it back to the shop who performed the work in the first place
glad I could help. let me know if you have other questions.Steve