How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TIMOTO Your Own Question
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Category: Motorcycle
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
Type Your Motorcycle Question Here...
TIMOTO is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2002 1800 Goldwing motorcycle with a screen

Customer Question

I have a 2002 1800 Goldwing motorcycle with a burnt screen on the below gage assembly. how do I remove the cover to replace the schreen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
By "below gage assembly" I assume you mean the smaller LCD screen just above the ignition switch. Here is a link to a parts diagram for reference: remove the cover pry off both speaker covers 4,5. Underneath on each side there is a screw #5 and rivet #7 that must be removed. Next pull straight up at the rear of the cover to release the two tabs from the grommets and finally pull evenly both sides of the top portion of the cover to release it from the tabs holding it in the slots in the cover below.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this. If yes add a reply, if no please rate my answer so that just answer can credit me for assisting you.