Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I noticed that when I open the oil filler cap on my Buell Blast…

Customer Question
I noticed that when I...
I noticed that when I open the oil filler cap on my Buell Blast the oil comes. Quite a bit of it? What could cause this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/21/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
typically, that means the oil tank is over filled.the oil tank should only be topped off or the oil changed when the oil is at operating temperature, like right after a ride. operate the engine until the oil is hot, then establish an oil tank level a few inches below the top of the oil tank, so that there is an air gap at the top of the tank.after the oil level is set, it should remain there except for normal oil usage. let me know if you need more help.Steve
The Oil is stored in my frame and there is not dip stick. I guess the garage overfilled my oil when they change it last year. How do I find out my oil level on a Buell blast??
your Blast has a dipstick.check the HOT oil level.low is better then high.Steve