Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2014 Polaris ranger 800efi midsize and recently purchased…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Polaris...
I have a 2014 Polaris ranger 800efi midsize and recently purchased a Polaris wireless winch remote #2879316, the instruction are not easy to follow for this model because there is a black and red wire that really have no place to be installed as far as I can tell. The winch is a 3500 Polaris. Help would be greatly appreciated
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/16/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic

Welcome,

Don't know if this will help but here it is anyway:
"Go to your little white box that the bump stop fairlead plugs into-go to the opposite side and unplug that connector-take the Y harness that comes with the wireless kit and plug it into the now open connectors that you just dis-connected. take the 3rd leg of the new Y harness and plug it into the connector coming off of the receiver. Now take the red wire with the eyelet from receiver to the ignition only hot post of busbar and the black wire with the eyelet from receiver to the ground post of the busbar." That's it.
-------------------------