Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a honda vtx 1300 and my odometer and speedometer are…

Customer Question
I have a honda vtx...
I have a honda vtx 1300 and my odometer and speedometer are not working after changing headlight and tail light
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/8/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
The wires for the speedo connect to the main wire harness under the right front of the fuel tank. These connectors can be removed without removing the tank. Check the two connectors by unplugging them and inspecting them for any water, dirt or corrosion. If good, reinstall and see if the problem still exists Let me know the result.
I rest the connections and checked for issues. The display still does not go on (also I didn't mention this before but the bike will not start either).
What year and model is your vtx1300? Remove the fuse box cover and use a test light to check for power to both sides of each fuse in the box.
it is 2004 vtx 1300S..ok will test the fuses but will need to get a test light
ok, let me know what you find
There is power to each fuse
I am assuming you checked both sides of each individual fuse for power and both sides check good. With a test light you can check the harness side of the speedometer connectors for power but I do not have a wiring diagram here for that model so I will have to get one tomorrow and reply back to you then.