TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Honda registered technician, silver level award, former Kawasaki/Suzuki tech, 40+ years exp.
8313095

I have a honda vtx 1300 and my odometer and speedometer are

Customer Question

I have a honda vtx 1300 and my odometer and speedometer are not working after changing headlight and tail light
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
The wires for the speedo connect to the main wire harness under the right front of the fuel tank. These connectors can be removed without removing the tank. Check the two connectors by unplugging them and inspecting them for any water, dirt or corrosion. If good, reinstall and see if the problem still exists Let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I rest the connections and checked for issues. The display still does not go on (also I didn't mention this before but the bike will not start either).
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
What year and model is your vtx1300? Remove the fuse box cover and use a test light to check for power to both sides of each fuse in the box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is 2004 vtx 1300S..ok will test the fuses but will need to get a test light
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
ok, let me know what you find
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is power to each fuse
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 2 years ago.
I am assuming you checked both sides of each individual fuse for power and both sides check good. With a test light you can check the harness side of the speedometer connectors for power but I do not have a wiring diagram here for that model so I will have to get one tomorrow and reply back to you then.