Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 96 vs 1400 and want to sink the carbs but can't find…

Customer Question
i have a 96 vs...
i have a 96 vs 1400 and want to sink the carbs but can't find a place to hook up the vac gauge for the rear carbt
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/7/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: RSRBOB, Technician replied 3 years ago
RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Hi and thank you for your question.
There is a screw in the left side of the carb that you must remove to attach an adapter to so you can connect your vacuum line for your sync gauge. I have included a parts diagram that shows the screw that must be removed. It is #38 in the diagram.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=suzukimc&a=195&b=13&c=0&d=1996%20VS-1400GLP%20T%20CARBURETOR%20%28REAR%29
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks Customer