Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 4010 mule diesel, lacking power,blue smoke,in the process…

Customer Question
Have a 4010 mule diesel...
Have a 4010 mule diesel, lacking power,blue smoke,in the process of changing head gasket. wear marks on cylinder wall of #1 it about an 1/8 of an inch lower than on #2,#3. Wondering about broken ring
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 6 days by:
6/12/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If the wear marks on #1 are different then the others this usually does indicate a possible broken ring causing this issue here.The piston and rings need inspected and replaced as needed.If the damage is severe the engine may need replaced.
Thanks Pete