Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My RT S SE5 does not always down shift itself when coming to…

Customer Question
My RT S SE5 does...
My RT S SE5 does not always down shift itself when coming to a stop.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
I have a 2011 Cam Am RT S with a SE5 transmission
Answered in 7 days by:
6/12/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This type of fault here may be caused by a fault with an electronically controlled solenoid like a shift solenoid in the transmission itself.This will need to be tested further to pinpoint the cause and then repaired from there.
Having the fault codes checked first.
Thanks Pete
Hi Pete,
I am not getting any fault codes.
Now it will idle perfect at times and at times it will not idle at all. ?
Have you checked the fuel to see if it is contaminated at all?
I have ran 5 tanks on gas and around 750 miles in the last 2 weeks. In 3 of the tanks I add Lucas fuel treatment.
O.k.,I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this with my info being limited on this model.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete