Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2012 Streetglide. Rode it a couple weeks ago no problem.

Customer Question
I tried to start it...
I have a 2012 Streetglide. Rode it a couple weeks ago no problem. I tried to start it today, but the security light (red key shape) stayed on, the blinkers kept flashing, and I couldn't get it to even try to start. Battery seems fine on bike. Any ideas? Mac
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
5/25/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: P.J., Technician replied 3 years ago
P.J.
P.J., Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.
The most common reason is a weak or dead security fob battery. Try your other fob or replace the battery in the one you have.
The battery has to a 2032 model and nothing else with the positive side (writing side) installed down. The battery must also be above 3 volts to work properly. It is advisable to check the voltage with a meter if you can because many batteries are below this voltage straight out of the package.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, P.J.
I tried both fobs with same result. I'll get new batteries and see if that works. Mac
Ok. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.