Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Motorcycle mechanicWhere can I locate the drain plug for…

Customer Question
motorcycle mechanic Where can I locate...
motorcycle mechanic
Where can I locate the drain plug for engine oil??
It's a 1994 Honda NiteHawk with 240cb engine it.
I've looked at every grease-laden bolt under there and can't seem to find it. HELP!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
5/25/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: MichaelHannigan,
 replied 3 years ago
MichaelHannigan
I know this is a larger engine, but I think it may help/
There is an oil drain nut on the bottom of the engine. It is hard to see because it goes in sideways. It is 17mm. It works best if you use a 17mm box wrench. It's the only sideways 17mm, so that should help you identify it.
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1994-honda-night-hawk-250-cb250/o/m151529#sch10234 this link is a parts breakdown of your engine. part #5 is the drain plug. let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.thank you and ride safe,Steve