Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Hey brian I have an 06 suzuki katana 600f when I push my starter

Customer Question

Hey brian I have an 06 suzuki katana 600f when I push my starter button my headlights dim but that all it does no clicking is anything but sometimes after I push start it the button will work it has a new alternator and battery
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. With the indulgence of Brian and should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially (and if have not been tried), the prescribed preliminary approach would be; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect).Additionally, check or better yet, replace the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay. Carefully but quickly/momentarily jump the two (2) big terminals. This is a bypass of the starter relay to enable the starter motor to spin:• if no starter action, then starter motor issue;• if slow starter action, then battery/voltage/connection concern;• if would start as expected, then a likely possible starter relay and/or its wiring fault.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Did the battery pass the load test?
And did the starter turn when the starter relay terminals were jumped?