....
...., ....
Experience:  ............
4419077

Suzuki: bike..12v power I need to drive the amplifier..battery power

I am trying to connect speakers to my Suzuki Boulevard (2009)C50. This is my first bike and I am not sure where to tap to get the 12V power I need to drive the amplifier. I want to make sure I will not drain the battery power. Please help!

Brian :

Good day and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with your problem today.

Brian :

You'll need to take fused power from the fuse block, either by tapping into the acc circuit or by running a separate circuit with a fuse to power the amp. Because the speakers are just powered by the amp, they just tie into it.

Customer:

Dear XXXXX, Thank you for your help

Customer:

I am not sure how to connect with a new circuit with a fuse?

Customer:

all I need is the 12V red wire connection. Can I tap into the headlight?

Brian :

no, again, you have to tap into fused power, or create a circuit from the fuse block adding a fuse for that circuit.

Brian :

you might get away with tapping into the acc circuit but I think it makes more sense to keep the amp on its own fused circuit.

Customer:

OK, Please tell me how to do what you are suggesting

Brian :

I'm not sure what are missing. You seemed like you had a handle on this. based on your original post. You go to the fuse block, find main power & decide how you want to tap into it, tap into it, install a fuse & run wires.

Brian :

I'm not feeling confident in your understanding of electrics and I'm thinking that in order to maintain your electrical system, you might want to have this amp installed by an automotive audio tech.

Customer:

On the main fuse block, is there an open terminal where I can connect the new circuit or I will tap into an existing line and install a new fuse

Brian :

No they do not put extra circuits on waiting for you to add things. You will need to tap into main power, & add a fused circuit.

Customer:

ahhh, OK thank you very much

Brian :

yeah, main power comes to the fuse block from the ignition switch, giving you switched power, you will then need to take that & tap off into a new circuit, adding a fuse for protection, & run out to the amp as required.

Customer:

Got it!!! Thank you