Doug E.
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.
7400257

honda tl125 Can you help me with a basic wiring diagram for

Customer Question

Can you help me with a basic wiring diagram for my 1976 tl 125 honda. I only need ignition switch, coil/points,battery/charging with silicon rectifer. I have 4 wires comming out of the alternator.Many thanks. Paul.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E. replied 6 years ago.

Kawasaki Doug :

Kawasaki Doug :

I think this is the one you need.

Kawasaki Doug :

Full Size Image

Kawasaki Doug :

I had trouble finding the UK version.

Kawasaki Doug :

Let me know if you need anything else,.

Kawasaki Doug :

Doug

JACUSTOMER-pa78osob- :

Morning Doug I have this wiring diagram all i need is a break down of the ign and charging wiring. Can you help. Thanks Paul.

Kawasaki Doug :

I can give you information on how to test those things. Honda doesn't provide separate wiring diagrams for those items. I would have to draw those myself. It would take me a day or so.

JACUSTOMER-pa78osob- :

Morning Doug thanks for getting back to me is it possible to call me i have got the ign side working but having problems with the charging. XXXXXXXXXXX Paul.

Expert:  Doug E. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, they block numbers and emails so I cannot contact you directly.

The charging system consists of your alternator winding on the stator plate, a rectifier that changes AC to DC and your battery. The battery on your bike regulates the voltage.

Is your bike overcharging and burning out the lights or are you not getting any voltage?

I've drawn up a simplified diagram with test points for you to use, but am having problems locating the correct test specs. I have the US manual but I need to locate the UK version. Your model is the only Honda made that uses that particular stator layout!

I have contacted some people to help me get you the information you need.

The first test will be to load test your battery to verify that it doesn't have any bad plates or internal problems. Any battery seller should be able to load test it and most will not charge to do so.

The next test is to check the rectifier. I am posting the test for that.

I'll keep working on the tests for the stator coil and post that when I get it.

Doug