Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Honda Shadow I need step by step instructions with pictures…

Customer Question
I need step by step...
I need step by step instructions with pictures to change out the battery in a 2007 Honda Shadow VLX 600
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/14/2011
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

remove the right side cover. remove the rubber cover and unhook the fuse box from the battery case. remove the battery case cover by removing the bolts.

graphic
View Full Image

remove the left side cover

remove the negative cable cover then remove the negative cable bolt

remove the positive battery cable bolt then pull the battery out of the battery case

graphic
View Full Image

place battery in case then attach the positive battery cable to the positive battery cable terminal from the right side. then the negative battery terminal from the left side. install the battery case cover by hooking the tab on the cover to the case

graphic
View Full Image

install the cover bolts then the fuse box on to the battery case cove. reinstall the left nd right side covers

graphic
View Full Image