Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Atv..nothing in the piolit jet intake boot is not ripped..throttle…

Customer Question
kawaski atv(NNN) NNN-NNNNyou cant control...
kawaski atv(NNN) NNN-NNNNyou cant control the idle. cleaned carb found nothing in the piolit jet intake boot is not ripped. it will run at speed but when you let off the throttle it stales then it starts very hard spuders and finlly will start. I adjusted the valves and no change
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/30/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

dId you spray clean the carbs or dip them?

Did you verify all the jets and passages to be verified with spray carb cleaner to make sure the fluid will make it through the intended passage?

i have never had apluged piolit jet make the idle go up and down like this the carb was very clean when i opened it up i knew i was in trouble. If you take a carb apart and you dont find a problem right away. you have to go somwerelse.

true but a partial plug pilot jet it is possible. and a lean condition will cause surging.

you do not have an air leak correct?