Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Hi I own a Vespa 150cc Sprint.. Piaggio. It says in the owners…

Hi I own a Vespa...
Hi I own a Vespa 150cc Sprint.. Piaggio. It says in the owners manual it is a 2 stroke
and not a 4 stroke. It was totally refurbished. My questions is do I need 2 % oil mix
to 1 1/2 gallons gas? Or, can I just use gasoline? The owners manual says a mix
so I assume this is correct after being refurbished,etc...
6/29/2010
....
...., ....
Like I said earlier you need 2 cycle oil, it is either mixed with the gasoline or put into the oil tank, & it is then mixed with gasoline in the carburetor. All Vespas that I have worked on had an oil tank, and oil was injected into the carb to mix with the fuel. Yours maybe a different model & you may need to mix the oil in a separate fuel container prior to pouring it into the fuel tank. Your Vespa is not a 4 stroke. Using straight gasoline will damage your engine in short order. Let me know if you need more info.
....
...., ....
Thank you I'm sorry you said this. I'm a little tired my puppy kept me awake last night.
Thanks again. Therese-
Thank you.