Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

how do i get the water pump off a cr250r

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Bike-Doc
Bike-Doc, Motorcycle Mechanic
Hi
You need to remove the clutch housing and grab the shaft from behind !

1st drain the coolant, remove the rear brake pedal, kick start and disconnect the power-valve arm - don't snap the arm when removing it ,put something in there to lock it to stop it moving !
Remove the clutch casing, on the kick start shaft there is a small shim it often sticks to the clutch casing when you take it off

N.B.
The mechanical seal is just behind the impeller which is held on the shaft by a LEFT-HANDED thread

Ride Safe
Bike-Doc

If you need to reply please do, otherwise hit "ACCEPT"