Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

A wiring diagram for the coil ignition on a 1981 kawasaki..starter

I need a wiring diagram...
I need a wiring diagram for the coil ignition on a 1981 kawasaki csr 305 I cant get any spark but the starter is working
6/23/2010
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

I have a manual for you bike.

would you like the testing info for the ignition system?

yes i cant get any spark from the points and plug wires I dont know if I pluged everything into the right wires

what condition are the points and condenser?

good I dont know if I have the wires plug into then right wires for the coils and points
I need to get you a copy of the basic wiring of the ignition system I can get that later tonight or early tomorrow can you wait till then?
yes I can
ok I should get it to about 8:00pm - 10 pm PST

I have spark to the point but not to the plug wires

Is the ignition switch and stop switch are working?

do you have battery voltage to the ignition coils?

yes I have voltage to the coils the stop switch is working how do I check if the coils are bad

the primary winding (two spades on the coils) resistance 3.6-5.4 ohms

the secondary winding ( plug wire and + spade on the coil) resistance 1100- 1700 ohms

I need a wiring diagram sent to me for the coil ignition and points and what should the points gap be

The proper point gap is 0.3 -0.4 mm.

I will get the ignition diag to you tonight

Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic

Let me know if you need anything else

I am not able to open or view the attachment. What format is it in?

Thanks,

Dave Snyder

Hello Dave

It is in a GIF format I will resend it in JPEG.

thank you for your help
graphic
Let me know how it goes
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic