Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

1998 Suzuki: wont start..dies..carb..sputters..spark and 93 octane gas…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 TTR230...
I have a 2005 TTR230 that wont start, I can use the start button until it dies but it just wont start, If I put starting fluid in the carb it runs but sputters out once the fluid burns off, I also have a 1998 Suzuki quadrunner that wont start with the starter or recoil, I have spark and 93 octane gas in it, the petcock is clean but cant tell if its a carb or fuel pump problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
6/23/2010
Motorcycle Mechanic: ...., .... replied 8 years ago
....
...., ....
Good day and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with your problem today. When were both carbs last serviced? are the plugs wet with fuel?
The Yamaha was serviced in 2006 has less than 3000 miles on it, no fuel on the plug, the suzuki we bought used last year don't know when the carb was last looked at fuel on the spark plug, I also put a new starter realy in but not actually sure waht wires go where because It never had one wea always used the recoil starter
They both need carb services. Carbs need serviced at least once a year, more if the units are seldom used. Your pilot jets are not passing/atomizing the fuel needed to run. You shouldn't need a relay as that is what the solenoid does. Let me know if you need anything else.